For university-bound students
You’re invited to the Cal Summer Experience, a two-day residential program on the UC Berkeley campus for university-bound high school and community college students.
The program is offered at no cost; however, all of our students are expected to provide their own transportation to the Berkeley campus and back.
We offer two distinct programs: one for high school students and one for community college students.
What CSE Does
Our goals are to:
- enhance your academic preparation for the university
- introduce you to support services
- provide information on housing and financial aid
- help you prepare for the college application process
- smooth your transition to the university
What You’ll Do
- faculty lectures
- a UC Personal Statement writing workshop
- test preparation, major selection, transcript evaluation and other related advising
- a panel of current Cal students
CSE Selection Criteria
High School Program: Applicants must attend a high school in the United States and have completed at least 30 semester A-G courses by the end of Spring 2013. Applicants must also have an unweighted GPA of 3.5
Community College Session: Applicants must attend a California Community College and have a completed at least 30 semester transferrable units by the end of Spring, 2013. Applicants must also have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4. (Students currently in high school who are concurrently enrolled in community college are advised to apply to the Cal Summer Experience for High School students.)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted no later than April 2, 2013.
Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org