A Cal degree is more than a diploma, it’s a way of life. When you join the Golden Bear family, you connect with a network of students, staff, and more than 458,000 living alumni. You also join a tradition of giving back; with more than 4,000 participants, Berkeley has more Peace Corps volunteers than any other university.
Berkeley has more Peace Corps volunteers and Teach for America recruits than any other university.
Majors, Careers, Internships
Whether you’re choosing a major, exploring different career options, finding internships, looking for part-time and full-time employment, preparing for graduate, law, or medical school, our Career Center counselors and staff, programs, and resources are available to you every step of the way.
Career Center Services
Here are some of the unique services offered by Berkeley’s Career Center:
- Career Quest: Workshops offered based on what freshman and transfer students identified as their needs.
- Externships: Transformative program that matches freshman and transfer students with alumni and allows students to shadow them in their career profession for as many as three days. These are offered mostly in California, though there are some international opportunities. The Career Center hopes to generate 1,000+ externships in the next two years.
A large percentage of our students take Berkeley's public service mission to heart. And, there are almost as many opportunities to get involved as there are students on campus!
- Cal Corps Public Service Center coordinates programs for students who want to volunteer for a community organization, work with an established campus group such as Cal Berkeley Habitat for Humanity or Raza Recruitment and Retention Center, or pursue internship opportunities to supplement their classroom experience.
- The LEAD Center The Lead Center is the one stop shop for students looking to get involved in leadership and organizations. From frats and sororities to the Cal Debate team, there are plenty of opportunities to become a leader on campus.
- ASUC The ASUC is the largest autonomous student government in the nation, and it has the capabilities to do a lot for our student body here at Cal.
- The Peer Advisor Program The Peer Advisor Program are staffed by ambassadors that can help you get acquainted with the Career Center and its resources.