Next steps for Freshman applicants
If you are a current freshman applicant, check out the steps below. (Note: You will receive an email in early December indicating we have received your application and that you may log in to the student portal.)
1. Check your application’s progress online
Check your application’s progress online via the student application portal MAP@Berkeley. You will receive your login information in early December.
2. Make sure we have correct information on file
You will need the email address you provided in the UC application.
3. Update your application
If you need to change your email address, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or SAT/ACT test scores, please update this information online at the My UC Application website. You can also change your email address through the Berkeley student portal, MAP@Berkeley (after logging in the first time).
4. Complete any required forms
While most applicants will not have any required forms to complete, applicants to the following majors and programs will need to fill out supplemental forms and other information via MAP@Berkeley.
- Management, Entrepreneurship, & Management (MET) Program
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences + Business Administration
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research + Business Administration
- Mechanical Engineering + Business Administration
- Global Management Program (Haas School of Business)
5. Monitor your email
This is the way we will be communicating with you. Take any necessary steps to ensure that this is not tagged as spam: email@example.com. Do not email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to reach us for any reason, visit our Contact Us page, or call us at 510-642-3175 to speak to a UC Berkeley admissions representative.