Apply to UC Berkeley
Learn applications tips from the perspective of current students.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in applying to UC Berkeley. Admission is a two-step process: Admission Requirements and Selection. We accept the UC application (link is external).
Students must meet University of California requirements, detailed online at the University of California website (link is external).
Becoming a Golden Bear requires more than a test score. To be Berkeley requires persistence. And passion. You stand up and you stand out.
UC Berkeley receives far more applications than it can admit, and to gain admission, you need to present an academic profile much stronger than that represented by the minimum UC admission requirements. To be as competitive as possible in the Berkeley applicant pool and to succeed within the holistic review, follow these steps:
1. Read the admission requirements for UC Berkeley and what it takes to be competitive in our applicant pool.
2. Read the requirements for the specific UC Berkeley college to which you are applying.
If you are unsure of your intended major, learn more about our academic majors and minors.
- College of Chemistry
- College of Engineering
- College of Environmental Design
- College of Letters & Science
- College of Natural Resources
- Haas School of Business (for junior transfers only)
3. Use all parts of the application.
Be sure to make the most of each section of the application: Personal Insight Questions, Activities and Achievements, and Additional Comments boxes. Tell a complete story of your unique academic and personal achievements. For example, use the Additional Comments box to convey any information that will help us understand the context of your achievement, list additional honors/awards, or share information regarding a nontraditional school environment or unusual circumstances.