With a Berkeley education, you will have an enriching campus experience and exposure to different walks of life. Berkeley undergraduates hail from all 50 states (plus the District of Columbia and several commonwealths and territories), and 96 countries (spring 2013 student census). Of our admitted students, 17 percent are first-generation, college-going.
At UC Berkeley, there is excellence for everyone. Among the many programs and opportunities we offer:
- The multicultural coalition, bridges, is dedicated to uplifting and strengthening cultural groups in all aspects of campus life: academic, social, and communal.
- Multicultural Student Development promotes academic progress and success by engaging students through multicultural practices that acknowledge and celebrate their individual and collective experiences.
- Berkeley’s Disabled Students' Program (DSP)—among the best of its kind in the world—is committed to ensuring that all students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities at UC Berkeley.
- The Academic Achievement Programs (AAP) serves student from low-income backgrounds, students whose parents did not graduate from college, and/or students from underrepresented groups. One of AAP’s primary goals is to provide academic support services to prepare students to go beyond their undergraduate degree and continue on to pursue advanced degrees.
Explore Our Communities
- African American Community
- Arab Recruitment and Retention Center
- Chican@/Latin@ Community
- Jewish Community
- Mixed Student Union
- Muslim Community
- Native American Community
- Pilipino Academic Student Services (PASS)
- REACH! (Asian/Pacific Islander Recruitment and Retention Center)
UC Berkeley Gender Equity Resource Center (for women and LGBTQ students and their supporters)