Next steps for Freshman applicants
If you are a current freshman applicant, check out the steps below. Make sure to keep track of your progress online. You will receive an email in early December indicating we have received your application and that you may log in to the student portal.
If you have any additional questions, please check our the resources below or feel free to contact our office. Freshman decisions will be released in late March.
MAP@Berkeley Login Information & FAQs
- 1. Check your application’s progress online
Check your application’s progress online via the student application portal MAP@Berkeley. You will receive your login information in early December.
- 2. Make sure we have correct information on file
You will need the email address you provided in the UC application.
- 3. Update your application
If you need to change your email address, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or exam scores, please update this information online at the My UC Application website. You can also change your email address through the Berkeley student portal, MAP@Berkeley (after logging in the first time). No changes to academic information, extracurriculars, and personal insight questions will be accepted.
- 4. Complete any required forms
While most applicants will not have any required forms to complete, applicants to the following majors and programs will need to fill out supplemental forms and other information via MAP@Berkeley.
Management, Entrepreneurship, & Management (MET) Program
- Bioengineering & Business Administration
- Civil Engineering & Business Administration
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences & Business Administration
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research & Business Administration
- Materials Science and Engineering & Business Administration
- Mechanical Engineering & Business Administration
- Engineering Undeclared & Business Administration
- Global Management Program (Haas School of Business)
Students who are interested in Sciences Po or the University of Hong Kong Dual Degree programs should submit a separate application which is available on their respective program website.
- Management, Entrepreneurship, & Management (MET) Program
- 5. Monitor your email
This is the way we will be communicating with you. Take any necessary steps to ensure that this is not tagged as spam: email@example.com. Do not email firstname.lastname@example.org (it is not a monitored account). If you need to reach us for any reason, visit our Contact Us page, or call us at 510-642-3175 to speak to a UC Berkeley admissions representative.