In addition to the basic admission requirements, the campus selects its freshman class through an assessment that includes a holistic review of your academic performance as measured primarily by:
- Your weighted and unweighted UC grade point average (calculated using 10th and 11th grade UC-approved courses only)
- Your planned 12th grade courses
- Your pattern of grades over time
- The number of college preparatory, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), honors and transferable college courses you have completed
- Your level of achievement in those courses relative to other UC applicants at your school
- Your scores on AP or IB exams
Your scores on the ACT Assessment Plus Writing or the SAT Reasoning Test.
If you're applying for fall, be sure to complete these tests by December. SAT Subject Tests are no longer required. However, they are recommended for the College of Engineering and College of Chemistry: Math Level 2 and a science test (Biology E/M, Chemistry, or Physics) closely related to your intended major. Include the scores in your application. UC uses the highest scores from a single test administration. (Note: Our school code is 4833.) If you report your scores to one campus, they will be shared with every campus to which you've applied.
Additional requirements for: