If you’re a newly admitted student who has accepted your offer of admission, please follow the directions in CalCentral for submitting official transcripts and other required documents. You will see in CalCentral when your document has been received. (Note: There may be a delay in seeing that it has been received, depending on which method or third-party vendor was used to send the transcript.)

What’s included on an official transcript?

An official transcript should have the following elements: 

  • must be on school letterhead or in a specific transcript format developed by the school
  • is signed by a school official
  • includes a school seal or stamp 
  • includes a date of graduation for first-year admits
  • includes a date of graduation for transfer admits (if applicable)
  • lists all courses and grades by academic year
  • is sent directly to UC Berkeley in a school envelope, sealed and stamped by the school
  • is NOT a copy or notarized document

Missing transcripts

If more than 3 weeks have passed since you submitted your transcript, or other document please fill out this Missing Transcript Form to create a case. You will need your UC Berkeley email address and UC Berkeley ID along with any information regarding your missing transcript or document. DO NOT fill out this form before 3 weeks have passed as this will delay our process. If you have already submitted this form, please do not submit a duplicate inquiry, if you have a question about your inquiry please respond directly to the email that contains your case information. If your task list shows as incomplete, your document is NOT missing. Please use this link to contact your counselor.

Additional information for international students